
Most of us get em, whether we want them or not. Part of the package with the person we marry. They are often much maligned -- and often for good reasons. Sharing is hard, and few people are actually good enough for our babies.
The Man I Married is the eldest of 9. My future MIL still had six more at home at the time, so she wasn't too worried about losing one of her babies.
She has lived through many hardships that would have sunk me long ago. Yet she continues to navigate her life with grace and patience. And now she's negotiating through the final set of rapids before sailing off into that glorious and peaceful sunset. She's been in the hospital for 10 days now, surrounded by her nine children, their spouses and many grandchildren, showing us all her amazing grace.
Some of us really get lucky with the 'packages' that come with our mates. I know I sure did. I love you, Ma!

That was a lovely tribute to a very lovely lady.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh, I'm so sad to hear this. She really was a wise woman, as we have learned thru the stories you have shared with us. Godspeed Ms. V!!
ReplyDelete